because I have a little announcement.. I have been collaborating with Beauty and the Suit and have been taking styling photographs for their blog. They have also been doing the styling for my portfolio photographs, which will be featured on their blog except for the one that I am having on my portfolio. So go check them out because they are seriously delivering all the fashion tips that I need! Although this is a short post, I just wanted to mention this amazing opportunity to collaborate with them.
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Monday, April 6, 2015
On my youtube channel, I made a video on my new years resolutions for 2015 if you would like to check them out, click here. Some of them regarding my photography. I have been keeping up with some of them so far and others are on hold for now. I have been doing research non-stop and tried some new editing methods on some old photographs. The original is to the left and the edited one is to the right.
I took an old photograph from a fashion shoot project and tested out a editing method. This one is made in photoshop and is more for portraits and giving them a nice unique look to them. I especially liked this video because she told you the tools to use, but you are left to experiment and learn on your own in a way. Check her video out! Shay(model) also has a blog and you should definitely check her out as well, here!
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Yup, it's exactly like the titles says.. We have skipped spring and gone right to summer. You would think that because it's Arizona and I have lived here my entire life I might have gotten used to it, but your wrong.. Oh so very wrong. I refuse to let the summer drag me down, I will be very much living my life still. I will be doing so with dresses I thrift like this one, it actually might be a costume or something, but I like it. It's very lose and comfortable and it's perfect for the summer. I also really like anything maroon. I obviously have to wear sunglasses, otherwise i'd probably go blind... jk, but no seriously. I recently purchased these at urban outfitters, and I am in love with them, round frames don't usually fit my face, but these did so I had to get them. I've had these boots for ages and should buy some new ones soon, but I wear things until they are no longer useful. The boots and the hat are from H&M, and all I have to say about the hat is.. Hats are Life!
Also, apologies for practically being MIA, I've been working on photo shoots like crazy. I'm not complaining, because if you watched my video on new years resolutions I mentioned i'd be doing more. Also I have been traveling a lot, and I plan on doing some more this year, so apologies in advance for being MIA, but i will be putting together a video on my trips. Enjoy your Winter, Spring, Summer or whatever you are having right now.
Monday, March 2, 2015
Today I turned 20, and there are definitely a couple of things you should know. I will be writing 20 things you should know about me in honor of the amount of years I now am.
20 things you should know of me:
1. I was scared to turn 20. There is no exact reason on why I was so afraid and still am. Don't get me wrong it is a good fear, I know this year there will be new and exciting things.
2. I have a serious sweet tooth, mostly for macaroons. I am obsessed.
3. I spent my birthday this year exactly the way that I wanted. I went to Prescott and attempted to have a picnic. Then I had dinner with my family and friends.
4. Every year on my birthday it rains, and I have learned to embrace it and love it. Seriously is my kind of weather.
5. I've had the same bunny case for about 3 years and I do not plan on changing it anytime soon.
6. I love to give hugs away and every single time I mean it. I have never given an empty hug and never will.
7. I love to care about people and advise the younger kids and be the best role model I can be.
8. I procrastinate and even though I have wanted to stop and change that I can't.
9. I try to be the best version I can of myself. I don't smoke or drink or even cuss, aside from being christian I believe that it isn't going to benefit me and I don't need to do it.
10. I shoot with a Nikon D610 and am currently using a 50mm lens.
11. I am majoring in photography.
12. I have the best parents in the world. I know a lot of people say that but mine literally are.
13. I love to sing and I sing in a choir at church.
14. I plan on moving to New York after graduation.
15. I love Canada and I don't know why.
16. My favorite season is fall.
17. I am secretly falling in love with the desert, but not enough to stay here.
18. I had a dora hair cut all through my childhood because I didn't like to comb my hair and I still don't to this day.
19. This weekend I will be going to California on a school trip and for my birthday.
20. I have 5 minutes to post this blog.
I hope you enjoyed the images from my birthday and also the 20 facts on myself! Expect my next few posts to be on my California trip.
Monday, February 23, 2015
There is nothing like having a wedding to start your weekend. Your weekend will be filled with the love you feel projecting off the people joining in matrimony. I hope the very best for the two of them! I really loved this little location, it was so cute and the decor was amazing. They also had an awesome photo booth where you bet your butt off I will be taking photos in. It has become sorta my tradition to be in a photo booth anytime I see one. I definitely wrote some ideas down in my book from this one. Now to the outfit, I wore this very simple green and white striped dress that I bought at a little boutique called Downeast. My shoes are simply small heel for comfort and maroon to give it a pop of color. I believe I bought these heels at target. I also wore a gold belt with a small bow, to add an accessory because it looked to plain.
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
The super bowl is finally over! I am not a fan of football and these past couple of weeks made me dislike it even more. Getting to school has been incredible hard just because of all the traffic. The only thing I miss is the weather. I miss the fog that happened and all of the rain. The sun is not my friend, despite the happy look I have in these photos. I had to wear this dress from Old Navy, denim shirt from Old Navy and my Doc Martens. I am sure going to miss wearing tights and cozy layers, but I guess I better start getting used to this oven that is currently on pre-heat.
I also want to mention that I am going to Cali this thursday and friday for a photo shoot and will be making a video on road trip packing and simply talking a little bit about the photo shoot. I will also be vlogging the trip, so check it out here if you want to know.
Enjoy your week!
Monday, January 12, 2015
So I want to start this year by obviously posting about my new years outfit! I am in love with it. I wanted to go with a simple outfit this year. Originally I wanted a simple black turtle neck shirt but I ended up going with a grey, which i didn't necessarily mind. I bought it at old navy, strangely i couldn't find that many turtle neck shirts. and the scarf is just from HM. The most important thing about this outfit is the skirt. I asked a dear talented designer friend, my best friend eric cadett who you can follow on instagram, here. He did an amazing job! He made all the right decisions. The shoes are the second important part, I wanted booties since I have been loving them. I've always wanted some with a curvy heel and i saw these online. I walked into sears and they were there, without me having to even look. Talk about meant to be! I had a gold belt for an accent color and these bobby pins to accompany the belt and made a cute design!
I have an announcement, I will be posting every monday I have scheduled in and will be disciplining myself for the sake of this blog! Enjoy your week!